Under the scheme, financial assistance is provided to Non-Governmental Organizations, Autonomous Bodies, Educational Institutions, Cooperative Societies, etc., up to 90 per cent of the project cost for setting up and maintenance of Day Care Centres, Old Age Homes, Mobile Medicare Units, and Non-Institutional Services for older persons. The remaining 10 percent of the Project cost is borne by the concerned NGO.
CONSTRUCTION OF OLD AGE HOMES AND MULTI SERVICE CENTERS
The Scheme of Assistance to Panchayati Raj Institutions/ Voluntary Organizations/ Self Help Groups for Construction of Old Age Homes/Multi-Service Centres for Older Persons (Non-Plan Scheme). Under this Scheme, one time construction grant for Old Age Homes/Multi-Service Centre is provided to non-governmental organizations on the recommendation of the State Governments/ UT Administrations.
(The Scheme is under revision refer to www.socialjustice.nic.in )